A commitment to superior service is at the heart of the Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty strategy. Today, this is truer than ever – as our clients face increasingly complex challenges on a global scale.
This commitment means ensuring that clients are supported by the highest levels of service, from initial contact through all aspects of the client relationship to the ultimate test of any insurer – a major loss.
We deliver this service for our larger clients through our Key Account Management approach. Unlike many other insurers, this is more than just appointing a nominated relationship manager – it is a coordinated philosophy bringing together all parts of our service in a client team, from underwriting to operations, and from claims to risk consulting, right across our worldwide network.
The aim is to create a transparent and open dialogue between Allianz, the client and their professional advisers, to ensure a comprehensive and responsive service.
In practice, our key account managers (view an example profile here) are selected for their rounded knowledge of all aspects of the insurance process. This ensures they are able to act as the first point of contact for the client to the full range of Allianz services.
These managers do not have a primary underwriting role, although they will have close involvement in that process. Their role is to ensure an integrated approach across all Allianz teams, monitoring service standards and coordinating the overall client relationship, as well as representing the client’s interests across Allianz. Typically this includes:
- Coordination of the Allianz service in close liaison with all of the client team – this provides a structured approach for client feedback and easy access to key Allianz decision makers.
- Regular (typically quarterly) account review meetings with a structured agenda to cover all aspects of the relationship.
- Monitoring all aspects of the Allianz service in respect of the client and taking action to resolve any issues without delay.
- Representing the client’s interests within Allianz to ensure that service adjustments re made where necessary
- Delivering access to the wider resources of Allianz through one person – as and when required.
- Ensuring that they develop a close understanding of the client’s business environment – achieved via their existing experience, client dialogue, industry exposure and research.
- Liaison with client/broker and our claims experts on any major losses.
- Coordination of visits to client sites or risks (with other team members as required)