Specialist insurance services for the aerospace and defense industry
The aerospace and defense industry poses unusually complex insurance challenges. Maximum risk exposures are huge, and the sector's extended planning and implementation cycles demand a matching long term commitment from insurers.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty offers many years’ experience of aerospace industry insurance, demonstrated by a proven track record of practical support for the sector and our unmatched rating.
We currently lead the insurance programs for some of the world’s largest aerospace and defense industry businesses, servicing risks through our network in more than 160 countries, as well as many thousands of niche suppliers and contractors.
With one point of contact for major clients through our key account management approach, we can cover the full range of air, land, sea and space exposures faced by the sector participants, with specialists in general aerospace and aviation products, space, property, liability, marine hull, marine liabilities (including ports/terminals), marine cargo (including project cargo), financial lines, and risk consulting areas.
Our claims service is fully integrated into this approach, ensuring that clients are not only prepared for claims in advance but also are supported through any claims by some of the most experienced staff in the business. We recognize that every claim and every client is different, especially in such a sensitive sector as aerospace & defense.
Practical solutions to aerospace industry insurance challenges
Our capabilities in aerospace & defense include:
- Wording specialists, experienced in writing flexible, tailored aerospace & defense policies across all product lines.
- Claims specialists with many years of direct experience settling aerospace & defense claims.
- Extensive international experience – including significant involvement in the US market.
- The expertise and discretion required to negotiate with our clients on proprietary matters.
- Experience providing options important to clients in the industry, such as long-term partnering arrangements, seamless aerospace liability and general liability cover, among others.
- Representation in more than 160 countries worldwide
- Market leading capacity to handle the largest risks.