Protecting you and your family from loss is important to Allianz Global Risks US. Just as important to us is protecting your privacy and the personal information we use to provide you with superior products and service.
At Allianz Global Risks US, and its subsidiaries, our policy is to maintain appropriate confidentiality with regard to all personal information obtained in the course of doing business with you. Our pledge to protect your privacy is reflected in this Privacy Statement which outlines our principles in collecting, using and safeguarding your personal information and information about your relationship with us.
Personal Information Allianz Global Risks US Collects
Allianz Global Risks US only collects personal information about you when it is necessary to conduct the business of insurance. We limit the collection of personal information to what we reasonably believe is needed to administer your account. As a result, we collect personal information from the following sources:
- Personal information you share with us either directly or through your agent, such as the information on your insurance application, requested policy change information or other forms you may complete.
- Personal information you provide or which is obtained through the process of handling a claim, including medical information, such as from an accident report.
- Personal information about you from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others such as the number of years you have been a policyholder with Allianz Global Risks US or the types of coverage you purchase.
- Personal information about you from a consumer reporting agency, such as a credit report or a Motor Vehicle Report. The information in these reports may be retained by the consumer reporting agency and disclosed to others.
If you visit or use the Allianz Global Risks US website, or one of our subsidiaries, we may use “cookies” (small text files transferred from our website to your hard drive) to recognize repeat users, track usage and facilitate your access to and use of the site. We do not use “cookies” to gather personal information, and we do not link cookies to identifiable information, such as your policy number. The “cookies” only enable you to use our website more easily.
Personal Information Allianz Global Risks US Discloses
Allianz Global Risks US does not disclose any personal information about current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose the personal information we collect as follows:
- To consumer reporting agencies for the purposes of obtaining a credit report or a Motor Vehicle Report in order to determine eligibility for coverage or to process your requested transaction.
- To your insurance agent to allow them to perform their normal insurance related services for you.
- To medical professionals in order to process your claim.
- To an insurance regulatory authority pursuant to an examination of our records or business practices.
- To law enforcement or other government agency as required by law or to report suspected fraud activities.
- To actuarial or research organizations to conduct studies regarding claims results and insurance practices provided that no individual is identified in any study or report.
- To our affiliates for processing or marketing of our insurance related products or services.
- To group policyholders for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations.
Allianz Global Risks US’s Policies and Practices with Respect to Security of Personal Information
Allianz Global Risks US uses a variety of computer hardware and software tools to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state regulations to guard your personal information. We restrict access to personal information about you to only those employees who need that information to provide products or services to you.
Allianz Global Risks US, and its subsidiaries, also work hard to ensure that our websites are secure. We employ firewalls, encryption technology, user authentication systems and access control mechanisms to control access to the personal information that may be shared over these sites.
Your Ability to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
You may have the right to request to review your personal information by writing to us at the address below. Please provide your full name, address and policy number(s). To better protect you, please have your request notarized so that we can ensure the identity of the person requesting the information (this is available to residents of specific states).
Notification of Change
For More Information or if You have Questions
Allianz Global Risks US
Corporate Compliance Department
1465 North McDowell Blvd Petaluma, CA 94954-6516
United States of America
Allianz Global Risks US’s Family of Companies
The following lists the issuing companies Allianz Global Risks US uses to issue insurance policies nationwide:
- AGCS Marine Insurance Company
- Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company
- Allianz Underwriters Insurance Company
- American Automobile Insurance Company
- Associated Indemnity Corporation
- Chicago Insurance Company
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
- Fireman’s Fund Indemnity Corporation
- Interstate Fire & Casualty Company
- National Surety Corporation
- The American Insurance Company