Marine liability insurance with a global perspective
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty offers comprehensive global cover for primary and excess marine liability, as well as specialty liability products for marine operations and employees – onboard and onshore.
Responding to the multitude of liability risks faced by shippers and marine operators globally, we have the experience required to work closely with risk managers and brokers to build solutions matching these complex marine liability insurance needs.
This requires a global perspective as well as a genuinely worldwide service, supported by our flexible approach to underwriting and claims handling - because we know that each insured’s needs will be different.
Marine liability insurance - Versatile services to meet every client's needs
Our clients come from a wide range of marine and marine-related businesses, including:
- Logistics and multimodal transport operators
- Freight handlers such as port and terminal operators, stevedores and wharfingers
- Shipowners and vessel operators
- Vessel charterers
- Marine transportation and towing operators
- Freight forwarders
- Shipyards and maritime fabrication facilities
- Shipbuilders and repairers
- Marina operators and boat repairers
- Marine construction contractors
- Landing owners and fleeting operations
A wide range of flexible coverages is available for primary and excess marine liability including:
- Marine general liability
- Marine employer’s liability
- Protection & Indemnity (P&I) and related coverages (selected countries only)
- Marine excess liability
- Charterer’s liability
- Ship repairer’s liability
- Terminal operator’s liability
- Wharfinger’s liability
- Stevedore’s liability
Our claims professionals have many years of hands-on marine liability insurance expertise, backed by a claims network that is close to the customer and that has the resources at-hand to respond quickly, wherever and whenever we are needed.
Our multi-disciplined team of experienced risk consultants, marine engineers and master mariners provides technical expertise and risk solutions for all kinds of marine liability risks including risk control program development and implementation, vessel surveys, crew and operator safety training, condition surveys and loss prevention surveys.