Specialized heavy industry insurance solutions for a rapidly changing sector
Heavy industry is one of the key sectors of the world economy requiring a diverse range of insurance options. Increasing globalization, tighter energy and environmental regulations, and ongoing technological innovation are among the biggest challenges for this sector.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty knows the unique risks of its heavy industry clients from many years of experience. We field a global team of experts that understand the sector's specific requirements and can offer tailored heavy industry insurance solutions.
Our experienced risk consultants, underwriters and claims specialists closely follow the technological advances and increasing complexity of the heavy industry sector and can respond with appropriate insurance solutions.
Our clients range from steel plants and raw metal production plants, mining and cement factories to the pulp and paper industry, general production industry and the automotive manufacturing sector.
We have been closely involved in the heavy industry insurance business for several decades, adapting to changing environments and backing our clients in many complex projects. Our network in more than 160 countries worldwide ensures we can accompany and support their business, both locally and for large international projects.
Flexible heavy industry insurance coverage
From construction through to operation, we offer our clients flexibility to devise the heavy industry insurance coverage they need, backed by the financial security of our A.M.Best A+ and Standard & Poor’s 'AA' rated capability. As one of the few global insurers covering the whole range of industrial and specialty products, we can tailor individual solutions for our clients’ business needs, including:
- 'All Risks' property damage cover (including physical damage from natural hazards such as flooding, windstorms or earthquakes)
- 'All risks' Business interruption cover
- Public and general liability
- Machinery breakdown, including Business interruption
- Erection All Risks, Construction All Risks, Advanced Loss of Profits
- Supply chain risks
- Cargo, including project cargo
- Risk consulting (including pre-construction risk management services, closed project monitoring and on-site plant surveys)
- Environmental liability
- Directors & officers liability
- International insurance programs
- Business continuity support
- Crisis management support