Print

Reports

Fire in living quarters at a renovation work site

14 bungalows were destroyed completely and the building facade suffered damage by smoke and heat radiation, however losses were minimized by a rapid response from the fire department as well as the flooring being made of relatively non flammable panels. The cause of this fire, which broke out in the living quarters at a worksite for renovations on a historic building, is still undetermined.

This bulletin reviews the circumstances of the fire and how the loss was contained, with particular reference to future action that can be taken to minimize the risk of a similar accident occuring.