The Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty annual Solicitors’ Conference was held on June 30th 2010 in the prestigious surroundings of London’s British Museum.
Attended by approximately 200 leading UK solicitors and their broker partners, the one day conference focused on current issues in legal professional indemnity insurance, and was hosted by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty’s Financial Lines team.
The conference commenced at 10:00am with an opening address by Andreas Berger, CEO AGCS UK, who talked about weathering the storm and the importance of selecting the right business partner. Allianz's Head of Financial Lines UK followed by focusing on key renewal issues for UK solicitors. He pointed out how the market had adjusted since 2009’s renewal period and explained how delegates could maximize their coverage through effective policy structure and active risk management.
The day’s program included:
- Martin Cross of solicitors Thomas Eggar LLP explaining how active risk management at his firm contributes to the business’s bottom line.
- Frank Maher (Legal Risk LLP) with a timely round up of “The Changing World of Regulation”
- Sandy Boyle of Mills & Reeve LLP discussing how “People Matter” with an insightful analysis of human resources risks for legal firms.
- Mark Carver (Allianz), David Chadwick and Will Glassey (Mayer Brown International LLP) explaining “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” of claims trends for PI insurance, including the insurer’s view.
- Michael Howard of Kennedys and Tony Woodburn of Henriques Griffiths, joined by Mark Carver and Frank Maher for a far reaching panel discussion and Q&A session.
The Allianz Solicitors conference is CPD accredited so delegates receive 3 hours 5 minutes credit by attending.
View the 2010 conference video here.
The next Allianz Solicitors Conference will be held in June 2011. If you have any questions on the event, please contact email@example.com.