Who are we?
We’re part of the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) team, which is led by Robert Tartaglia, COO and Board Member of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty AG.
Based out of nine main international locations, we’re a multi-disciplinary team with a wide variety of backgrounds: many have trained as insurance professionals, while others have expertise in project, people and change management, real estate and facilities, business analysis and finance. Meet one of our operations specialists.
This broad knowledge base is essential to our role, as we drive many different aspects of operational change and performance at Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty.
What are we responsible for?
Operations is the engine room of our company. It's where the work is done to put clients on cover, to administer their policies, to manage our international insurance solutions network and to produce information to support decision making throughout the company. In fact, we provide administrative support for a substantial, and increasing, share of our business processes.
Operations is also the area that's responsible for ensuring we provide the right workplace environment, ensuring that it supports a culture of innovation, service development and continuous advancement
What do we do?
Operations has two key priorities: effectiveness and efficiency. We work to these priorities every day and in all the things we do. This ensures we deliver on our service promises to our customers. These priorities also underpin activities in our five core teams:
1. Network management maintains and guarantees the quality of our global business network services. With global clients at the core of our business, this is an essential function, as we drive the running of international insurance programs through our global network.
2. Regional insurance operations teams are responsible for coordination, communication and control of all operational activities across all lines of business, as well as running operational initiatives to support and improve our business. Our job is to administer client and broker accounts, delivering efficient administration of our clients’ policies.
3. Business services and real estate management look after all of our facilities, property and operational services needs across of worldwide offices.
4. Global operational management & improvement is a team driving operational improvements, both incremental and transformational, across the company. We work closely with colleagues to initiate and run projects that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations.
5. Global business information management acts as a service provider for all AGCS teams to ensure consistent and comparable information, reporting processes and systems within the global reporting systems. We’re a "one-stop shop" for information to support decision making and strategy.