AGCS Leadership transition programs for Experts and Managers – running since 2011
What are they?
- Development/assessment programs to support employees transitioning to more senior graded leadership roles – either people leadership or expert leadership roles.
- There are two levels of transition programs: 1) development program for managers and experts and 2) assessment program for top experts or executive managers.
- They are both designed to support and assist future managers and experts in building business-relevant skills and an aligned strategic vision of AGCS/Allianz Re.
Why do we have them?
- The programs ensure that our people and expert leaders are ready for the responsibility for being a leader in AGCS.
- Important to build stronger and consistent leadership skills in our people and expert managers -focusing on unlocking the combined capabilities of our teams, with an increased focus on coaching, empowering and taking responsibility for decision-making.
- After a leadership program, the colleagues enter “future potential pools” for a systematic internal recruiting, talent management and succession planning, especially for critical positions.
AGCS Global Talent Development Program – running since 2011
What is it?
The Global Talent Development Program is in place for mobile employees from customer-facing functions (e.g. Underwriting, Claims, Risk consulting, Market Management, Operations) and other functions(e.g. Finance, project management and IT). It is a two-year program developing international and cross-functional skills.
It consists of on- and off- the-job modules which can partly be selected according to individual development needs.
- An international business trip for up to 3 months to another market
- Global project work linked to the business strategy: The projects are always sponsored by a Board Member. The TDP project teams are cross-functional (always a mixture of participants across the CxO areas and locations) and work together as a virtual team.
- Mentoring by Global Head of Line of Business / Function or Regional CEO
- Other Functional courses and/or professional qualifications to expand technical / general skills.
Why do we do it?
- Provide a unique global learning opportunity to broaden employees skills and competencies
- Build up an international network and exchange with peers from other functions and countries
- Give participants exposure to senior leaders through global project work and mentoring
- Broaden and strengthen international career opportunities within AGCS.