Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty AG (AGCS AG) is a globally operating company registered in Munich, Germany, and is embedded in a network of various companies in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South Africa which reflect the global needs of our corporate and specialty insurance customers.
Allianz Group strategy is to serve these global needs by implementing global business structures within one segment. Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty therefore operates through a network of branch offices and local insurance companies within and outside the Allianz Group who cede business to AGCS AG.
This combination of AGCS offices, Allianz Group offices and selected network partners allows us to service clients in more than 150 countries.
Background & History
The Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty brand was created in 2006 by merging the various Allianz companies operating under the Allianz Global Risks and Allianz Marine & Aviation brands into one global brand, focusing on large corporate and industrial client business, and on specialty business lines such as marine, aviation and financial lines.
The predecessor companies of AGCS go back many years and in some cases to the earliest years of Allianz’s history in the 19th century – such as "Hanseatische Seeversicherungs-Gesellschaft" which was founded on July 28, 1885.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty now conducts business via:
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty AG, (which also has a headquarter function for AGCS activities, and has branches in the UK, France, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Belgium, Singapore, Spain and The Netherlands.)
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (France), Paris
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty North America (legal name Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company), Chicago with a Branch office in Canada
- AGCS Marine Insurance Company, Chicago
- Allianz Fire & Marine Insurance Japan Ltd, Tokyo
- Allianz Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited, Hong Kong
- Allianz Risk Consulting GmbH, Munich
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty South Africa Ltd.
- Allianz Risk Transfer AG, Zurich
AGCS is also licensed as an admitted reinsurer in Brazil.
Allianz SE is the ultimate parent of these Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty companies, and AGCS AG is a wholly owned direct subsidiary of Allianz SE.